Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Soulja Boy claims innocence after drug arrest

Latest News - Rapper Soulja Boy has claimed he is innocent of drug and weapon charges after being arrested and freed on bail earlier this week in Atlanta, Georgia.
"I'm innocent man. I love you all. I just want you'll to know I'm innocent," the hip-hop singer posted late Tuesday on Twitter after putting up $10,000 in bail money to secure his release, reported news outlet CBS Atlanta.
The 21 year-old rapper, whose real name is DeAndre Cortez Way, three of his bodyguards and a driver each were arrested earlier Tuesday on felony charges of possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm.
On Tuesday night, the rapper took to Twitter to thank his fans and promote his new documentary biopic "Soulja Boy: The Movie" that was also released on Tuesday.
"I missed 10 interviews today for my new movie! to those companies I'm sorry. you can see I had a lil situation. the show must go on," the rapper tweeted.
Soulja Boy first rose to fame after his online postings of single "Crank That" became a hit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Latest News . All Rights Reserved